Nature Travel Sandoval Lake Reserve
Short description of the Nature Travel – Sandoval Lake
Nature Travel Sandoval Lake Reserve is an excellent Nature Travel site for observing Nature fauna , bird watching or photography and even if you are not specialist you are sure to enjoy Sandoval lake bountiful wildlife and how Monkeys,Turtles,Caiman, Birds, insects, Tree bugs, Medicinal Plants , Amazing sunset in the morning -midday and Afternoon.
Overview of the Nature Travel – Rainforest
The amazon Forest Create a favorable atmosphere for life. The richness of the Amazonian jungle is the result of millions of years of biological evolution, which has allowed the development of exuberant vegetation on a thin and poor layer of humus in nutrients. The huge amount of fungus, bacteria, insects, and small animals helps the decomposition of organic substances, which become food for plants. Life in the jungle is autonomous. Hundreds of vegetal species grow and die in a permanent renewal process. In this region, the man adapts and creates strategies for survival easier than Amazonian species do; however, we can see that in more temperate regions the situation changes of the Nature Travel.
The great biodiversity causes that each plant fights to survive, looking for light, nutrients and space. There is an incredible variety of vegetal species that, in some areas, are more than 300 species per hectare. There are at least 30,000 species of plants, but it is believed that thousands of species have not been recorded yet. Actually, nobody knows how many species of plants and animals live in the jungle. It is said that there are 2,000 species of birds, 1,800 of butterflies, 400 of mammals, 500 of amphibians, 2,000 of fish, and millions of insects, being some species in danger of extinction in the Nature Travel.
In the jungle there is always a balance; however, its ability to recover is too limited when facing the quick changes produced during these decades, especially when facing the irresponsible intervention of people with speculative interests, who have attacked the environment in an inappropriate and predatory way. The fragile ecosystem balance is based on the interaction of flora and fauna: the extinction of a species causes a chain reaction having an impact on the entire environment. The indigenous culture is based on the respect and conservation of the environment. The indigenous people developed the ability to change of the Nature Trips Without destroying, to use resources without exhausting them, to open small wounds in the forest that could be healed. In Peru, if we exclude the riverside areas with the highest population, we still can find vast forest areas unpolluted. Nowadays, there are wide territories protected and declared Nature Reserves or National Parks. In these areas, the effort made by government, the control and self-management of resources made by the local population, and the imple-mentation of development projects made by local and international have allowed to achieve significant results regarding the fight against the indiscriminate hunting, the damages and the cutting of trees. These activities help to preserve and protect a lot of species of animals in danger of extinction and are sources of work and income for the local population.
Nature Travel 2days Sandoval Lake Reserve:
The Reserve sandoval lake tours Tambopata National Reserve, Manu National Park and Bahuaja- Sonene adjacent in the Peruvian Amazon contains one of the most pristine and diverse rainforests on the planet. Created in 1990 to protect the watersheds of the Tambopata and Candamo rivers in the Amazon jungle of Peru, this area became a protected corridor when it joins the Madidi National Park in Bolivia. Currently, these three contiguous Amazon reserves comprise the largest protected area of rainforest in the world, covering a total of 3.5 million hectares; this is an area two-thirds the size of Costa Rica and almost the size of Switzerland.
Nature Travel 2 days / 1 nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Sandoval Lake Reserve, tambopata reserve lodge
- Activities: Jungle Tours, Jungle Trips, Sandoval Lake, Palm Clay Lick, Nature Travel, maloka lodge sandoval, sandoval lake lodge
- Altitude: 139 – 400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: 160 USD
ITINERARY NATURE TRAVEL TO MALOKA LODGE
Travel Day 1: Puerto Maldonado – Nature Travel – Maloka Lodge Sandoval Lake
- We will pick you up from your hotel
- We will pick you up from the airport in our bus.
- We take our boat about 45 minutes
- 1 Accommodations in their respective rooms – lodge
- Lunch – lodge
- Monkey Island , Long Walk , Night
- Night walk
- Travel Day 2: Sandoval Lake – Nature Travel –Puerto Maldonado
start 2 hour walk where you are going to see to macaw palm tree.
- Breakfast – lodge
- We will go back to river madre de dios to return to our boat and return to Puerto Maldonado
Arrive to Puerto Maldonado City and transfer to airport or bus stations.
Quick Itinerary of the Nature Travel 2 days
Tour Day 1: Puerto Maldonado –Nature Travel – Maloka Lodge
Tour Day 2: Sandoval Lake – Nature Travel –Puerto Maldonado
Travel Day 1: Puerto Maldonado – Nature Travel – Maloka Lodge:
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your large baggage not necessary for the trip, but you will need a backpack for personal items and more. Then, we transfer you to a local port where you board a motorboat and navigate down the Madre de Dios River. On the way, we observe various mammal species such as turtles, birds, lizards, monkeys, turtles, caimans, etc., until we reach a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check, we start walking for 5 km (1 and half an hour) to reach Sandoval Lake where we take a canoe bringing us to the Lodge.
There, we accommodate ourselves and after lunch, we return sailing the lake in a canoe to see its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfisher, etc. Then, we return to the lodge for dinner to later get back to the lake again, this time to undertake an evening caiman observation, as caimans are nocturnal animals. Our professional naturalist Tour Guide shows and explains us about these animals. We stay overnight in the Maloka lodge.
Travel Day 2: Sandoval Lake – Nature Travel – Puerto Maldonado:
Today, we wake up very early go to the surroundings of the Sandoval Lake where huge number of various palms grow in its water creating an area of marsh.
This place is called Macaw Palm Tree (Collpa de Palmeras ) and it attracts various macaw species and other parrots to eat sawdust of its palms as it contains sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals helping them to digest. Then, we go back to the lodge to be given breakfast. Later, we take a next trip going to observe stunning flora and fauna of the Sandoval Lake Reserve.
We can appreciate monkeys, deer, wild boars, tapirs or spectacled bears, just to name a few. We return to the lodge for lunch. Afterwards, we get ready for a return way boarding a canoe again to sail over the Sandoval Lake followed by a walk to the checkpoint and from there sailing the Madre de Dios River by a motorboat towards Puerto Maldonado. We pick our baggage up in our office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
Included in the Nature Travel – Lodge 2 days:
- A professional Naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Meals: 1x Breakfast, 1x Lunch, 1x Dinner and drinking water lodge (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 1 nights in Maloka lodge;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Nature Travel Lodge 2 days
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and last day Lunch lodge;
- Tips to local staff.
What You Need to Bring in the Nature Travel 2 days
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.