Salkantay Trekking 4 Days
- STARTING POINT: SALKANTAY TREK Cusco at the hotel
- ENDING POINT: Cusco at the hotel
- DURATION: 4 days 3 nights
- TRIP STYLE: Active
- ACTIVITIES: Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Hiking and Camping
- LOCATION: The SALKANTAY TREK begins 3.5 hours drive west of Cusco, Peru. We pass the village of MOLLEPATA and begin hiking at CHALLACANCHA.
- LEVEL DIFFICULT: If you are not terribly fit/hardy we suggest looking at the 5 day SALKANTAY TREK as the hours of walking each day are shorter.
- DEPARTURE DATES: Any day with two people. We offer affordably priced tours for 2 people so that you can depart when it suits you NOT RECOMMENDED in December, January or February (weather conditions).
- ACCLIMATIZATION: Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.
- ADVENTURE RATING: Given the new restrictions on the Inca trail, Salkantay is the second most popular hike in the region and some of the campsites are less remote than on other trails.
- MODALITY: Trekking, Archaeological and Cultural
- INCA TRAIL ALTERNATIVE: Yes, the Salkantay trek is an excellent option.
- DEPARTURE DATES: Daily departures – all private service departure dates are adapted to your request.
The amazing Salkantay trek to Machupicchu is one of the famous treks in Cusco and the best alternative route to get to Machu Picchu. It is takes you through different types of landscapes from the typical Andean landscape up to the snowcapped mountains and down to the tropical forests and finally gets you into the jungle. If you are thinking to do a hiking trip to Machupicchu and you want to be off of the beaten path and be in touch with the nature; Salkantay trek is the best option.Hiking 75 kilometers = 46 miles and reaching the famous Apacheta (mountain offerings) pass 4621masl = 15160ft which is the highest point of the Salkantay trek:enjoying the amazing view during the hike from Mollepata town to Soraypampa base camp at knee of the Humantay mountain. Then to go up to the highest point to enjoy the view of outstanding snow-capped Salkantay mount. This was one of the most important Apus in the Inca period! Then you are going dawn to Chaullay through the beautiful scenery and then go to Santa Teresa to jump into the natural and medicinal hot spring. And finally we reach to Aguas Calientes town for overnight in the hotel and the last day of your adventure you will get up too earlyto be the firsts ones up in Machu Picchu and enjoy the sunrise.